Mailing address below. Must be exactly like this.

David Beavans
University of the Virgin Islands
Student Activities Center Box#49
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, VI 00802-6004

Thursday, February 4, 2016



This morning Josh and I had two hours of free time after breakfast and we decided to try snorkeling again, this time with our GoPros. We just went to Brewer's so it's not like we had to travel anywhere, just walk down the hill. Brewer's is the best place to see sea turtles, and that's what Josh and I were after. The water was colder (probably because I hadn't experienced it that early in the morning before) and a bit dirtier (probably because they were cutting down some trees up the beach a ways) but we still had a blast. The sun was out and there was hardly a swell, so the snorkeling was good. We swam out farther to the deeper water just to see what it was like. Out there we saw a drop off that got very blue very fast. It was kinda scary not knowing what was underneath you, even though it was probably nothing. We traveled back in and that's when we started seeing the turtles. There wasn't a lot of other marine life out today, but I didn't complain because the turtles are my favorite (unless there is a school of dolphin that want to become friends, then the dolphin would be my favorite). We mainly saw green sea turtles, but I think there might have been a hawksbill or two in the mix. We stayed out for about two hours but unfortunately my GoPro was dying so I didn't get much footage. Here are the highlights of what we saw. This is my first GoPro video edit, but I think it's pretty good. Hope you enjoy, I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment