Mailing address below. Must be exactly like this.

David Beavans
University of the Virgin Islands
Student Activities Center Box#49
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, VI 00802-6004

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Jan. 6th, the day after I moved in, was Three Kings Day here and the campus was closed. This gave us a lot of free time to kind of explore campus, hang out, and get to know one another again. After breakfast I walked around campus by myself, thinking I would find a quiet space to work on my blog, but I ended up getting distracted by the views and the WiFi to even start.

The views are incredible here and almost 360 degrees. I also discovered that there are a bunch of stray cats that roam around campus. I thought that was funny. After about two hours I went back to my dorm because I thought I might go for a run, but of course as soon as I did it started pouring rain, but in 30 minutes it was beautiful again. I've decided this is a trend here, because it did the same thing on the first day too.

When the rain passed I didn't feel like running anymore. A group of exchangers and some transfer kids went to John Brewer's Bay, a beach at the bottom of the hill that's owned by the University. I tagged along and ended up staying about three hours. It was beautiful. The water was warmer than the Atlantic that I'm used to, but not nearly as warm as it was in Aruba this past summer. The beach seemed really authentic too. I remember in Aruba they raked the beached every morning to make them clean, and there were beach chairs and hotels scattered everywhere. Here it seemed more natural with only a couple of people on the entire beach. There were sailboats anchored out in the bay where people obviously had swam in to enjoy the beach. It actually looked like the pictures I had previously seen, and that made me happy.

Here is my 360 view of John Brewer's Bay. It doesn't work on mobile devices. Above is the short walk down the hill to the beach with Josh and Will.


No comments:

Post a Comment