Mailing address below. Must be exactly like this.

David Beavans
University of the Virgin Islands
Student Activities Center Box#49
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, VI 00802-6004

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Saturday our NSE coordinator planned a trip to the Bordeaux Agricultural Food Fair. This was located in the western part of the island where I hadn't been yet. The area seemed a lot more rural than anything else I had previously seen. The shuttle ride left the school at 1 and only took about 15 minutes to get there.

This was a gated event, with police working security and people out in the road parking cars. That surprised me. When we got in there was one main lane where there were little shacks selling fruits, vegetables, vegan foods, arts, crafts, and clothes. It was very Rastafarian themed with almost everything painted red, green and yellow. Almost everyone that was there was local, old, and rocking dreads. One guy had his locks swinging down by his ankles.

The fair was a really neat experience, but unfortunately for me I was hot and tired and all the vendors were offering was vegan food than I knew probably wouldn't fill me up, nor would I like it. I ended up getting some of this bean ball thing and lemonade and sitting in the shade most of the time. I found a bench overlooking the valley below. The views from the side of the mountain were incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment